Wednesday, January 17, 2007

HELP!



Okay, I need to know what you think! Its kind of funny, but not to Jordan :) Here are two pictures of his room that he has slept in since Jared was born, he has a car bed in their and a double bed. BUT its not about the beds its about the BEARS! Yes, can you even see the bears in his room on that border of wallpaper. For instance, last night he was up three times and had some bad dreams that the bears were getting him! Jason took the first couple turns (what a sweetie) getting up and I heard him and went in the last time and he told me, "It's really, really, really, really, really, really scary in here, mom." I'm not sure I got all the 'reallys' for you all since I started chuckling to myself in the middle of his sentence (he's now using lots of adjectives/adverbs when he speaks!!) After he said that to me, I told him to think of those bears as dogs :) yah, it was late and 3:30am.....and it must have worked b/c he slept til 9:15a.m. I already took down the window treatments for that room b/c there were two bears with trees that matched the border and he was super scared of those. You have to understand, him and Jared play 'bears' all the time here at home, they act like they are the bears and then go and hide in our walk-in closet, yah--- its a mess! Its been the game of the month, seriously,they play it so well together :) haha or maybe its b/c my dad and brothers try to scare him each time we are around them that there's a bear out there somewhere (not as much anymore actually) although, its always helped him to obey MUCH better, let me tell ya!! We are going to re-do his room and put up basketball, soccer stuff in March for him and Jared to share that room, but I wasn't sure if we should start it now (just tear down the border) b/c of him being scared of the BEARS and SHADOWS in the room...He says every night before bed, "When are you going to put up my basketball stuff?" So....what would you do if you were in our shoes--- wanna come and help? :)

8 comments:

The Colorado Carrs said...

I would tear that border down and start putting up the basketball goodies. but then again I LOVE to redo rooms...

Anonymous said...

well... If he is afraid of that stuff and if he is going to make it a pattern of getting up alot at night then I say bye bye border:)
He won't remember that his room wasn't decorated right away??? right???

The Boe's ~ said...

Jason has Saturday off so guess what we'll try to endeavor it:) Will let you know if it worked, I just can't stand a job not completed ya know...UNLESS we can start it early---I mean, Jason start it early--- since I can't paint, hmmmmm.... we'll have to see. thanks guys!

Anonymous said...

i say leave it and make hime one with the bears....and you could tell him the bears are nicer than the boogy man...:)

The Colorado Carrs said...

Jim!! :)
I hear ya I cant stand a job not competed either... It will be so fun for him to have a basketball room though. To bad I am not back east, Melissa- go to walmart and get Jordan some Carolina stuff!!!!

The Boe's ~ said...

Jim--too funny! Really he doesn't talk about the boogy man at all, just BEARS!!

Jessica, You know they still carry around that NC little backpack you got Jordan :) I used it alot for their diaper bag, boy did I get the looks!!! Go Illini (last year anyways) lol

MelissaCoates said...

I say..if you lose another nights sleep the bears have to go...then take him to the zoo to see the bear cubs. They dont look scary, just hugable:)
You need to have grandma bell make him a basketball cake like mine.yummmmm cake.

DeepBranch 3,333 ft above creek level said...

sooooo is that from cabelas bc I remmeber seing it in cabelas or basspro but def dig the pics